Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rings and Sun Jars

So today finally came! Today was my chance to attend Katharine's This Ring Thing class at Kaimuki Bead It! It was awesome and I had soo much fun! Then again, I enjoy Katharine's classes... Either way, I had a great time and I came out with some pretty neat rings... and a lot of extra material to play with... hehe.

So first up for this post are my two rings.  The first is just a simple flat wire ring with some lettered stamping.


The second is a plain band of the flat silver wire with a sterling silver key charm soldered onto it... It's a "key ring"... hehe.. yah... I went there...


I need to get better lighting when I take my pictures cuz this really ain't cutting it...

Next up is the sun jar I put together a few days ago.  I dismantled one of the garden lights I bought in a six pack and used the "guts".  I sawed through the plastic baseboard, but kept the battery holder intact.  There's even a convenient on/off switch. Sadly, the wiring ran through all layers of the light, so before I could remove all of the casing, i had to desolder the vast majority of the wiring.  Once that was done though, it was a lot of fun to change whatever I wanted. Though, the only thing I really changed was switching out the white LED for a blue one.  Anyway, I won't go into any more detail than that, but the bottle I used was a cheap one I found at Ross. It's not my first... or even 5th choice, but it was all I could find at 8:30 PM on a Thursday...


 List of modifications;
1) Rounded light diffuser.
2) Smaller jar or bigger diffuser.
3) Better spray job on the frosting spray. (you can't see it from this picture, but it's actually really uneven and wavy.

Anyway, that's all for now! I have to work on a gift for my sister and fix up the one for my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment